- Executive Summary
- Letter from Juan Antonio Samaranch
- Foreword by Sir Martin Sorrell
- Chapter 1: Ring Side Seat
- Chapter 2: Scorpion Wars
- Chapter 3: Shock and Awe
- Chapter 4: The Shoemaker's Vision
- Chapter 5: Beyond a Brand
- Chapter 6: Beating the Ambushers
- Chapter 7: Operation Perfect Hosts
- Chapter 8: Making IT Happen
- Chapter 9: To the Brink and Back
- Chapter 10: Coming Home
- Chapter 11: The Future of the Rings
- Foreign Language Editions
As Director of Broadcast and New Media Rights at the IOC, Michael Payne oversaw Olympic media rights negotiations to the value of more than $12 billion around the world and, to the value of more than $12 billion, pioneering the multi-games bidding strategy.
In 2003, he managed the tender and negotiations for the US rights to the 2010 / 2012 Olympic Games, won by NBC with its record breaking offer of $2.2 billion.
Prior to leaving the IOC, he oversaw the rights negotiations for Europe, generating a further Euro 700 million. Michael Payne has continued to advise broadcasters and sports rights owners on media rights:, assisting federations and governing bodies to expand their broadcast partnerships, while helping and broadcasters to acquire new properties and consolidate their sports inventory.
More recently at the forefront of the industry analyzing the evolutiuon of the digital – community experience on main stream broadcasting; the development of the two screen entertainment environment.
Recent Projects have included:
|Back to previous page | Home|
@ Copyright 2012 Michael R. Payne All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us