- Executive Summary
- Letter from Juan Antonio Samaranch
- Foreword by Sir Martin Sorrell
- Chapter 1: Ring Side Seat
- Chapter 2: Scorpion Wars
- Chapter 3: Shock and Awe
- Chapter 4: The Shoemaker's Vision
- Chapter 5: Beyond a Brand
- Chapter 6: Beating the Ambushers
- Chapter 7: Operation Perfect Hosts
- Chapter 8: Making IT Happen
- Chapter 9: To the Brink and Back
- Chapter 10: Coming Home
- Chapter 11: The Future of the Rings
- Foreign Language Editions
Chapter 5: Beyond a Brand
So what is it that makes the Olympic games different from any other sports event – what is the magical DNA….. And how did companies develop their marketing programmes without undermining the Olympic ideal?
How did the IOC set about embracing a brand management discipline, creating a global, award winning advertising campaign – ‘Celebrate Humanity’, that would challenge Nike to rethink its own advertising and marketing strategy?
The Olympic torch has become one of the most powerful and emotive symbols of mankind…. And with the 2002 Salt Lake Olympic Winter Games, would play a key part in the healing process for the US, post September 11.
Download Chapter 5 (To save to computer, Right Click and "Save As")
|Back to previous page | Home|
@ Copyright 2012 Michael R. Payne All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us